Thursday, December 16, 2010

Week 13 from Baseline

The last couple of weeks have been very good. I have been pain-free and flare-up free. In terms of moving and motion, I have been able to do everything I want to. I definitely feel better, much better than any other time this year. Also, in thinking back over time, I am even tempted to suggest that I feel better now than any other time in the last four or five years.

So given there’s no visit to K this week and no troubles, I have very little to talk about. While as a blogger, that's not the most ideal position to be in, if you’re writing a blog about your medical condition then having nothing to write is a welcome problem. A very welcome problem indeed.

It is a reason for me to celebrate. It mgiht also be the time to think back to this time last year.

Last year, almost to the day, I was suddenly struck down with extreme pain in my left hip and rendered unable to walk. In a few weeks’ time, I would be diagnosed with SpA, but for now, I was in a lot of trouble. My 12-month software replacement project was going live that coming weekend. As Project Manger, this was quite inconvenient to say the least. I hadn’t yet finished my Christmas shopping. My parents were coming for Christmas and for the first time ever, Brian and I would be hosting them. I was in pain, then on drugs for pain, while having to work. It was quite messy. And I was very very pissed off.

This year, I am heading into Christmas unconcerned about my mobility, or lack thereof. I am looking forward to going away for Christmas. I have planned quite a few activities over my three week break all of which I would not have dreamed of doing a year ago. I finish work this Friday. I have indeed finished all my Christmas shopping.

So! Who has the bubbly?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;